Introduction

Coordinator
Nov 26, 2008 at 12:27 PM
Edited Nov 26, 2008 at 12:28 PM
This is based on a project that was previously written in VB.net for a previous job, we had to search through up to 100,000 images and suggest matches to the user to see if the currently scanned image had already been entered into the system.

The search in this example uses color histograms, which represents the distribution of color across the image, this can be stored as a simple list of numbers that can easily be stored on hard disk once the images have been analysed. This library of information about the images can then be used for searches without going back to each image - the advantage of this being performance.

This is the purpose of the Load Library/Save Library menu options, you should only have to load in the same set of images once.

When I had to investigate this subject I came across a lot of  very academic and complex discussions around this area and it took a long time to find the information I needed, however in the end color histograms proved very simple and effective for what I needed to. Hopefully this might help some people not have to traul through the information I did!

There was also an edge detection part which I might add in later.

Thanks for dropping in, Peter.
Mar 26, 2014 at 4:21 AM
This thread is a little bit old. But this image tool is might suitable for my .NET project.
Appreciate!

Susanna Moore
Greate Image Tool
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Edited Apr 8, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Hi Susanna,

Glad to hear it helps your project!

Thanks, Peter.
Apr 8, 2014 at 5:27 AM
Image Duplicates Search Tool - Useful Image Tool

I just got around to this post… it’s funny because I' looking for such a Tool! I really liked this and would like to test.